July 9 - 13, 2018
Join St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, St. Joseph’s and Our Lady of the Fields parishes for VBS July 9 – 13, 2018 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. at School of the Incarnation. This year’s theme is Shipwrecked – Rescued by Jesus, and students in grades Pre-K - 5th will engage in Bible, Music, Games, Justice and Imagination Station activities in a fun and creative setting. Please complete a pdf Registration form (710 KB) and return to St. Elizabeth Ann Seton by May 30, 2018.
Adult Volunteers are needed to lead Stations and Crews! Please complete the pdf Adult Volunteer form (769 KB) and return to St. Joseph’s. Volunteers who help all five days receive FREE registration for their children! Childcare is available for children under age 4.
- Adult volunteers are requested to attend the meeting - Sunday June 24th at 1 pm in the School of the Incarnation Library
Help is needed in the following areas:
- Do you have First-Aid and CPR training? Volunteer as our Safety Specialist! We need an organized person to oversee medications, allergies, and handle minor medical emergencies.
- Love working with babies? We offer Child Care to our volunteers, and could use your help!
- Do you like food service? Our Tropical Treats station could use you as a volunteer. Prepare and serve snacks with a bible themed lesson, and ready the dining area for each group.
- Like to lead song and groove to the music? Teach energetic songs and movement to reinforce our Bible Point as a Castaway Sing & Play leader.
- Want to bring the Bible to life? Bible Discovery volunteers do that every day with a new Bible Story to bring home the Bible point.
- If you love children, like to help others, and are supportive and encouraging you may want to be a Crew Leader. Crew leaders escort their group of children through the VBS station rotation daily.
- Do you like connecting kids to Justice? Kid Vid Cinema helps children understand our responsibility as Catholics to help others. Interesting videos reinforce the Bible Point and guide each crew in thought-provoking experiences.
- Do you like to do fun experiments? Imagination Station may be the right fit for you. Lead children in science-y fun activities to discover the Bible point in crazy ways! Share the extraordinary lives of the Saints of the Day.
- Do you have lots of energy? Ship Rec Games helps kids connect with the Bible Point in play!
If you’re unable to be there that week, please consider helping with preparations and with decorations.
- Are you an artist? We could give you some projects ahead of time to help us decorate!
- Do you like preparation? A few weeks before VBS, we would love help stuffing envelopes with t-shirts and instructions.
- Are you creative? Join our Decorating Crew! We are decorating July 7, 9 am - 12 p.m. and July 8, 1 - 5 p.m.
Teen Volunteers are needed to be Junior Crew leaders and help at the Stations. All pre-teens and teens entering grades 6-12 are welcome to apply! Please complete and return the pdf Teen Volunteer Form (659 KB) and return to your parish VBS leader by May 25th. All teen volunteers wishing to help at VBS will need to complete a VBS application and hand in all necessary paperwork before the deadline. All teens age 14 or over during VBS must have received appropriate Worthy of the Call training and paperwork processed. Worthy of the Call training is offered at all teen volunteer meetings. Paperwork includes: Archdiocese of Baltimore Application for Volunteer Services and three written references (using the Archdiocese reference form). Teen volunteers should attend one of the following meetings:
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish Center-- May 10 at 6:30 pm for new volunteer orientation; Worthy of the Call training will begin at 7 pm.
- St. Joseph, Odenton - May 30, at 6:30 pm for new volunteer orientation; Worthy of the Call training will begin at 7 pm.; meeting will be held in the Youth Room (lower level of the Old Church at the back of the parking lot)
- Our Lady of the Fields - Sunday, June 10 at 2:00 pm for new volunteer orientation; Worthy of the Call training will begin at 2:30 pm.
For more information, contact Mary Oshiro at 410-721-5770 ext. 222 or email@example.com.